Apply for a Grant
Apply for a Grant
We aim to help children and youth from disadvantaged backgrounds reach their sporting dreams.
– Do read through our guidelines before applying –
Grant Application Guidelines
How does Chiam See Tong Sports Fund (CSTSF) determine eligibility?
CSTSF considers social and economic barriers facing the child’s family when determining eligibility.
What is covered under CSTSF funding?
The CSTSPF grant covers up to $3,000 for applicants per calendar year, to go towards coaching fees, training fees, nutrition and personal sports equipment.
What sports are covered by CSTSF funding?
The CSTSF grant covers organized sports that are instructed by qualified coaches and represent a sustainable sport experience of at least 8 weeks or more.
What ages are covered by the CSTSF grant?
Children or young adults who are 18 years old and under qualify for CSTSF funding. Athletes who are below 25 years of age and are still under the care of their parents will be covered on a case-by-case basis. All other cases will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What is the deadline for applications and how long does it take?
- Applications must be submitted at least 21 days prior to activity start date.
- Once an application has been received it will take 4 weeks to for the applicant to receive the cheque (if approved).
- Applicants who are unsuccessful will be informed in writing about the decision.
- Unsuccessful applicants can appeal the decision by providing further information for CSTSF’s consideration.
- Unsuccessful applicants may apply in subsequent years.
What are the funding arrangements?
- All funds for training fees will be sent directly to the sports club, school of the applicant, or to parents / guardians of applicant.
- For equipment and nutrition the cheque will be payable to the retailer and sent to applicant to purchase the requested nutrition / equipment.